Wednesday 9 January 2013

Where to start.....

This is my blog about kingfisher spotting. It all started the middle of last year. I am a runner, I enjoy my weekly run and sometimes would use the roads, sometimes run round Woodgate Valley, a nice country park near me. Sometimes running round Woodgate Valley which has a brook, I would spot a flash of blue flying along the brook. I don't think I saw this blue flash many times but it was always nice to see it and made the run more enjoyable. I enjoy running as I get pretty high from it and it makes me feel good. Then I started to realise how lucky I was to run in such nice surroundings and got even higher from it. I had the sun shining, a valley of trees and the brook flowing alongside me as I ran. Then as I ran along the brook I would look for the blue flash wondering when it would appear. On the times it did, it would only add to the running sensation. And from then on I wanted to see it all the time. Then I wanted to get a picture (egged on by my friend Gary, who's a keen wildlife photographer). Funny cus when I first tried to get a picture, I was using a compact camera and thought I could snap it as I ran along or have the film running and I would catch it that way, as it flew by me running. Course I never got a photo as I rarely saw it. So then I would stop and wait for it, camera poised but again it never appeared. Or if it did it would fly the wrong way to what I was expecting. So I didn't get the photo of the Woodgate valley for quite some time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment